Home

Move user profile to another drive Windows 7

Move the Entire User Profiles to Another Drive in Windows

I have an user who is leaving my company pretty soon, she has like 10 mapped drives in her My PC, now.. another user is coming to replace her and he has a new profile and all. I want to move those mapped drives to hes profile When you want to move user profile to another drive in Windows 10, you can resort to the two solutions mentioned above. These solutions apply to changing user folder location in Windows 7 as well. Other than the file sync feature, AOMEI Backupper owns the backup & recovery function In this video, I'll show you How to relocate or move user's profile (like documents, pictures, music, videos etc.) to another or your secondary drive by chan.. विंडोज 7 & 10 कंप्यूटर में C:\ Drive से User Profile को D:\, E:\ या अन्य किसी ड्राइव में शिफ्ट/मूव.

User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7

How to move user profile in Windows 7 to another directory / drive.1. After installing windows 7 you will be greeted with a user creation prompt press shift+.. EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows users to back up user folder, including desktop, files, music, pictures, videos, and downloads. To transfer user folder from one drive to another, select the Files or Accounts, hover your mouse over Files, and click Edit. Step 2. Restore the user folder to the destination drive The ProfilesDirectory setting specifies the path to the user profile folder. Use this setting to move the user profile folder (typically %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users) to another location during Setup or.. Open File Explorer. Click on This PC from the left pane. Under the Devices and drivers section, open the new drive location. Navigate to the location you want to move the folders We could clone the whole drive from the old computer to the new computer, or backup and move the crucial data to the new PC. Copy all you library to a USB stick or drive and copy the Favorites folder under your account name. All other setup will have to be done manually

Transfer from Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 and Windows 10; Backup additional folder locations; Automatically join a domain; Freeware Edition; Absolute Simplicity. In developing Transwiz - User Profile Transfer Wizard - we want to create a method of transferring user profile data and settings between computers that is as simple as it is. The Profiles Directory setting The Profiles Directory setting specifies the path of the user profile folder. Use this setting to move the user profile folder (typically %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users) to another location during Setup or Sysprep

Move the Users Directory in Windows 7 - Lifehacke

It can't point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it. Beginning with Windows 10, OS upgrades are supported even if user profiles have been redirected to another drive. For example, if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with ProfilesDirectory set to D:\, you can upgrade to Windows 10 Easy Transfer Used To Make Things Easy. Microsoft introduced Windows Easy Transfer with Windows Vista and supported it in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. It was a great free option to bring your settings and local user profiles from an old computer to a new computer To make the move, open C:\Users, double-click your user profile folder, and then right-click any of the default subfolders there and click Properties. On the Location tab, click Move, and then. New Windows 7 PC; I can't use Windows Easy Transfer because old PC is gone. What I've done (on new PC): Created new_user account; Logged in as new_user to initialize profile; Rebooted; Logged in as Administrator and copied profile from old PC's hard drive to C:\Users\old_profile; Changed permissions of C:\Users\old_profile: Added new_user.

Change the default location of %USERPROFILE%

Move C:\Users directory to D:\Users — Documentation

1. The Windows Backup method is the easiest method to back up a user profile in Windows 7. Go to Windows Start Menu Search and type backup and restore . Select the first search result which will be Windows Backup and Restore utility. Select the destination where you would like to back up your user profile. You can either choose a drive in.
  2. 1. When restoring user profiles from another AD to the continuing one, make sure the user account has been created on the AD prior to restoring!! - or USMT will fail as it cannot join the profile to the users AD account. 2. Applications should be installed prior to restoring the user profile, as USMT only restores settings for existing apps
  3. account. Now backup c:\users\Stitch. Once the backup is complete delete all of the files, but leave the the folder behind. Goto the Windows 2008 Server
  4. Redirecting Folders Within a User Profile to a New Location. To redirect or move the folders in the user profile folder, please use the following steps: 1. Open File Explorer using the icon in the taskbar as shown below. 2. Double-click on Local Disk (C as shown below. 3. Double-click on the Users Folder. 4

[SOLVED] Migrating Mapped Drives - Windows Forum - Spicework

Windows Update works perfectly, as does upgrade, be it an upgrade from Windows 7 with relocated Users folder to Windows 10, or a Windows 10 feature upgrade from one version to the next. The benefits are obvious, especially if the profile partition is on another disk instead of the Windows system disk The directory junction in action. For this article, I followed all the steps I mentioned above on a new install of both Windows 7 and Windows 10, as well as an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (with the user profile moved prior to the upgrade), and it worked perfectly in all cases How to Move Users Folder to another Location in Windows 10 The method described in this tutorial allows relocating Windows 10 main profile folder Users including all present and future user profiles and folders while installing Windows, before.. The Sysprep method relocates the whole Users folder to another partition or drive. it moves all existing and all future user profiles and each and every folder in those user profiles at once. For instance, on this laptop I am using to write this, my Documents folder is E:\Users\Kari\Documents , my AppData folder is E:\Users\Kari\AppData , my. 29 thoughts on Move the Users folder in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 Leigh January 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm. Can this method also be used to move the huge winsxs folder from the SSD on C: to the slower Hard Drive on D: ? The WinSxS folder is needed occasionally when Windows recovers core files

Easily Move User Profile to Another Drive in Windows 1

Windows 10 move users folder to another drive is relatively complex to operate, please follow the steps below carefully. Step 1. Press Win + E keys to open the File Explorer. Step 2. Click on This PC on the left pane and select the new drive location that you want to move user folders under the Devices and drives section I have windows 2008 and it is works as a terminal server. All my users are located in drive C:\ and there is no room left. I have to move them in to Drive D:\. User profiles and configurations are so important for us. Are there any tools or way can do this Silently move Windows known folders to OneDrive. Use this setting to redirect and move known folders to OneDrive without any user interaction. Move all the folders or select the desired individual folders. After a folder is moved, the policy won't affect the folder again, even if the selection for the folder changes. Note Yet another problem remains: After copying everything to the next device, making a symbolic link and restarting the Computer it cannot find the account specific data of any activated users any more. And this happens although the link points exactly to the right folder (I checked it after Windows had booted again) With the help of free backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, you can rest assured to move program files to another drive Windows 10/8/7. It greatly reduces the risk of system crash or data loss, and gives you a chance to restore computer without reinstalling Windows. And it will keep everything as it were

How to Move Firefox Profile. What you'll need: access to your old and new computer as well as a USB stick. Note: In this tutorial, we'll be using Windows 10. However, the migration process should be similar for older versions of Windows. Copying Old Firefox Settings. First, log into your old computer and make sure you close Firefox Windows 7 comes with an inbuilt utility, Windows Easy Transfer, which allows you to transfer files, Users, Settings, documents, emails, Internet Favorites, videos, shared documents, etc. from one computer to another without removal from your old computer. It will help you migrate users and their settings to a new system. There are two scenarios here. First is where you need to move between. #4: Copy files from C drive to D drive via Move feature. Step 1. Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer. Step 2. Find out the files or folders you want to move, right-click it and select Properties from the context menu. Step 3. Click the Location tab and Move option. Step 4

If you have an old computer or a new computer with a small SSD drive as your primary drive, you may need to periodically move data out of the default Windows user folders and onto a second hard drive or even an external drive to save space. The default folders I'm talking about are Downloads, Documents, Videos, Music, etc Boot into Command Line. Press the Windows logo key+C or point your mouse to either top-right or bottom-right corner, select Settings, and then click Change PC Settings. Click General, then click Restart now. Once you see the blue screen shown below, click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, then select Command Prompt

How to change user profile default folder location in

Restore User Profile in Windows 10: Step 1. Connect the external hard drive with your User Profile backup to Windows 10. Step 2. Open Control Panel, then click Backup and Restore (Windows 7). Step 3. Click Select another backup to restore files from, select the backup that contains User Profile, and click Next For example, from Windows 10 to Windows 10, from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Support easy transfer both on the same computer and between computers. Support two transfer modes: via creating an image file or via the network. Guide: Transfer Data from One User Account to Another on a Different Windows 10 P Apps install to the C drive but they store user-specific data to the AppData folder e.g., Chrome's profiles are stored in the AppData folder. It can get pretty big and end up taking substantial space on the C drive (or whichever drive is your Windows drive ) Hi SKY GAMING 1997, There are three main folders in the Appdata folder and both of them have a Location property. We could right click them then choose Location to move them manually. Or we could use the symbol link to move the folder. For example: mklink /d C:\Users\Nikhil\AppData\Local D:\AppData\Local If you want to do this for all the users by default, we should use the unattend.

And you can move folder just chabge location. But in this way you can remove all user folder tha can grow all the time. For example. App data folder in outlook folder saave the outlook.ost profile. It become biger and bigr. And user put all the time file in desktop, all this situation make the necessary to move the users folder in the second. Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 \Users (docs, pics, videos, music and so on) and format D: drive when you have done the clean install and rebooted to Audit Mode. Notice that you should not backup any system files and folders like for instance AppData folders in each user profile. Restoring AppData from old installation to new. Under Windows 7 and Windows 8 moving 'C:\Users\<name>\AppData' to another drive was a simple 5 minute operation: just move the folder, create and 'AppData' junction in its place and edit such junctions as 'SendTo', 'NetHood' and a bunch of others. Everything worked perfectly. Under Windows 10 it doesn't work anymore In the Group Policy Management Editor window, right-click the user profile folder that you want to redirect. The path of the user profile folder is User Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Folder Redirection\UserProfileFolderName. In the Target tab, under Settings, choose one of the following settings, follow the steps for that setting, and. Method 1: Move My Documents to another drive via Windows inbuilt feature. 1. Create a new folder named Documents at the target drive. 2. Navigate to This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > User Name. 3. Right click on the Documents folder and select Properties. 4

How to Relocate or Move users profile to another drive in

Right click on PUBLIC and select SECURITY. Click ADVANCED. Click CHANGE on OWNER and set it to you (rather than system) Then delete C:\USERS\PUBLIC. Go to your new PUBLIC folder (in the video below this is E:\PUBLIC) Right click on PUBLIC and select the SHARING TAB then the ADVANCED SHARING button. Click SHARE THIS FOLDER (it should show PUBLIC. Select the new location and click Move. If you're moving the folder to another drive, select the drive letter. Depending on the size of the folder, it may take a few minutes to move

How to move user profile in Windows 7 to another directory

Moving a profile. Occasionally, you might want to move a profile or tell Thunderbird to use a profile stored in another location. Shut down Thunderbird. Move the profile folder to the desired location. For example, on Windows XP, move the profile from C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default to. If you've been using Windows 7 and you get a new PC, you probably have a lot of files that you want to move to the new PC--more than you can easily transfer on a USB thumb drive. By using OneDrive, you can quickly set up your new PC, so your files are organized like they were on your old PC and you can get right back to work

4.On the next screen scroll down and select Make the keyboard easier to use option. If you want to boot your computer into Safe mode, you must restart it, press a key on the keyboard -- F8 in most cases -- and then select the Safe Mode option and press Enter. Step 3: In the Windows Update section, select 'View update history.'. Sometimes the mouse and keyboard work in Safe Mode but sometimes. The default location of user profile in Windows 7 is still the same as Vista, in c:\users folder, which I often find it seems quite dumb putting user profiles in the same partition as the system, especially when I store most of my day-to-day files in my user profile, rather than another folder in another partition. So my preference of the first. Here lies my experience moving my entire User Profile folder structure, including Default, Public, and any local users. In my search for a solution, the only two easy ways I found to move the user profile directory locations from the system drive is to. Set the User Profile folder during setup using an unattended install file So I built my computer with only an SSD (smart right?). Now, I want to migrate the User folder and the two Program Files folders onto a new hard drive. How could I go about doing this? Reinstalling Windows is an option, but it will be a last-resort. I want to keep only my operating system on the SSD, while keeping everything else on the new.

Video: (Four Ways) Move Users Folder to Another Drive Windows 1

I have windows 2008 and it is works as a terminal server. All my users are located in drive C:\ and there is no room left. I have to move them in to Drive D:\. User profiles and configurations are so important for us. Are there any tools or way can do this? I need urgent hel I would also not recommend to move the profiles folder to a different drive on the server. Instead use roaming profiles and folder redirection. When using roaming profiles make sure to create a GPO that will remove roaming profiles at logoff from the terminal servers. In this way the profiles folder should not take up the diskspace anymore

So it seems that moving Roaming Profiles folders, one has to be careful about retaining the permissions and the actual re-point of the share. - Jared Feb 7 '11 at 15:14 Yes, NTBackup is another viable option There are some reasons to move profile from one computer to another computer in Thunderbird. If one of the user of Mozilla Thunderbird mail client application is running out of storage on the primary hard drive, which can be resolve by moving profile folder to another different hard drive. Thunderbird is a desktop based Email Client application. Start > Computer > C > Users > V > Downloads -- then right click Dowbloads, then click Properties, and click Location -- and this displays (Location) the present Location: C\Users\V\Downloads and this is the area that can be changed to another Drive, Folder, etc as desired Configuring the Default Location of a User Profile. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe). If you get the UAC prompt, acknowledge it. In the right pane, right-click ProfilesDirectory, and then click.

We started work on our new site, Gizmo's Best. We will bring back some of the good ole stuff plus new things for you to discover. Below is a sneak peek of what we will offer to our community Open the Windows Explorer and browse to the C:\Users folder. Right-click on your user account folder and rename it to whatever you like. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and hit Enter. Under the ProfileList subkey you will find a few subfolders (starting with ' S-1-5- ') that are named with the SID of Windows user.

Don't move your Windows user profiles folder to another

1. Note: As copying one profile to another will completely overwrite the target profile, you should back up any important data before copying over a profile. It's also a good idea to test these steps on a test profile before copying over a profile in use. Windows 8, 7, and Vista. In Windows 8, from the Desktop, press Win-c, and choose Settings and then Control Panel
  2. Windows keeps all files related to one user account together in one folder, namely in C: Users. In this article we explain how you can move this User folder to the D drive (or elsewhere), for example because you are running out of space. There are several reasons for moving the user profile folder to a different disk
  3. Important: If this User Profile is Corrupted, do not copy the entire User Folder, as you will end up copying corrupted hidden system files (Ntuser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log, Ntuser.ini) 6. After copying the Files, open the User Folder (ME1) into which you want to Paste the Files and double-click on the Desktop Folder.. 7. Right-click anywhere in the Desktop Folder > click on New > Folder and give a.
  4. c:\>mklink /d c:\users d:\users. That's it. Type Exit, and continue boot to Windows 8. All user profiles will be working off at the new partition once the computer reboots. You will notice the slight change in the c:\users folder. It's actually a link rather than a folder. Going to it results to explore the files that in fact are in the.
  5. It can transfer user's account settings, user data, personalization & power settings from one PC to another or from the previous OS to a new OS after Windows in-place upgrade. It also works well in transferring selected applications & data from one PC to another or from the previous OS to a new OS after Windows in-place upgrade
  6. DefProf updates the Default Windows User Profile with the documents and settings from another user profile that you specify. You can use DefProf on Windows 7 where the Copy To button is greyed out in the User Profiles dialog box

How to Move the Desktop or Document Folder to Another Drive. Open File Explorer and browse to your user account's folder. If your user account name is Tom, you'll find the Desktop and Document folders at C:\Users\Tom. Right-click the Desktop or Document folder you want to move, and select Properties . Go to the Location tab, and click on. Windows Easy Transfer is Windows 7 native utility that allows you to copy files, system and user settings from one PC to another. It presents an easy wizard that guides user through the process of selecting files and system & user settings, and transferring all the selected files and settings to another PC Way 2. Copy user profile Windows 10 with advanced system properties. Windows provides a built-in tool copy, delete or move a user profile. If you do not need an image file and just want to copy user profile in Windows 10 to another hard drive, to another computer or to another user, you can try this method, which is much simpler Many users want to move the user profile folder to another drive to free up disk space on the system partition, but since moving Users or profile folder to another drive is not supported by Windows out of the box, there will be issues while upgrading your Windows 10 to a new build Windows 7 and newer versions of Windows make it dead easy to move the default data folders of a user account to another location. It is easier when you perform the operation right after installation of Windows or user account creation, but you can perform it any time later as well

1). I copied my folder that contained the Official and Community folders to my new drive. 2). I then went to C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache , opened UserCfg.opt with Notepad, went to very bottom and simply changed the drive letter to match my new drive Right click on the folder you want to move and select Properties. Go to the Location tab. Here you will see the current location of the selected folder. To change it, click on Move. Now browse your computer and select the new location. Click on Apply. Now you will be asked if you want to move all the files from the current location to the new one Back up files from a Windows 7 PC. Follow the below steps on your Windows 7 PC: Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore.. Select Set up backup.. Connect your external storage device to the Windows 7 PC, and then select Refresh.. Under Backup Destination, select your external storage device, and then select Next

In case, if the system folder or user profile folder is located to another location, at first move those ones to the c:\ drive and then disconnect the other hard drive. Step 3. Run the Windows command prompt as Administrator (start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt, right click on it and select run as administrator) Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties. In the Target box, type the new path to the My Documents folder, or click Move to browse to the folder and if needed, create a new My Documents folder. If the path you type does not exist, you are prompted to confirm that you want to create a new folder Moving program files folder to different drive is not an easy task for normal users. So, to make it easy complete guide for how can I move programs file folder to another drive Windows 10, 8, 7. Read post and find solution to relocate program files to another drive Step #7: Move User Profile to New Location. Every user profile consumes a very large amount of disk space on the Windows installation drive. In my case, the current user profile occupies almost 17GB disk space. If you have less memory in Windows C drive then you can move Windows user profile to a new location. The process is not so easy. Try.

How to move user folders to different location on Windows

1. It appears that the Windows 10 May 2019 update has a OneDrive bug with how the user profile folders are integrated, especially if the user has chosen to point Documents, Pictures, Music, Video (and similar) externally to another location
  2. Are you struggling to convert and move your Thunderbird profile, settings, and email to a new computer. Many people choose to use Thunderbird as their email client for its many benefits including advanced spam filtering, a good reputation for being dependable, the ability to customize, a high level of security, support for email protocols such as SMTP, POP3, and IMAP, and more
  3. How to Move Minecraft to Another Drive with an App Migration Tool. Games are in large size and the installation files are scattered around, so manual cutting and copying won't migrate the Minecraft game securely. The simplest way to move Minecraft to another drive on Windows 10/8/7 is taking an app migration tool for help
Editor@pambazukaServing Spooled Files to the Web | Web Languages | Programming

Select Help & Settings > Settings . In the Account tab, select Unlink this PC or Unlink this Mac. The OneDrive setup screen will appear; ignore it for now, but don't close it. Next, move your OneDrive for home or OneDrive for work or school folder. Using File Explorer or Mac Finder, drag the OneDrive folder to your preferred location The D data drive is completely empty. My problem is the storage folders are located on the c drive, which will quickly fill when I add other programs and their related storage. It was easy to move the user personal/storage folders to another drive in earlier versions of windows, but it has become complicated in win10 Here are three different ways that almost any computer user can utilize to move those apps to a new location. 1. Move Apps using Settings. The easiest way to move apps from one drive to another on your Windows computer is to use the Apps settings. This procedure works for many, but not all of the programs you have installed